|Available in PDF, JPG, and PNG format|
Click to Share on:
Each year hundreds of parents, teachers, mental health professionals, administrators and mindfulness enthusiasts ask us what they can do to support our work – usually after being involved in it themselves or seeing it in action in their communities.
Our answer is one simple phrase: get the word out.
Despite its rapid growth, mindfulness & education is still essentially a grassroots movement. On a national level, the education discussion is mired in debates about testing, mandated standards and teacher evaluation. The rise of mindfulness & education has essentially been a “bottom up” movement of teachers and school staff seeing that the development of self-care and self-awareness are critical to the health of schools, youth and communities.
What this means is that this work is going to grow most strongly through networks of parents, teachers, administrators, and school-based mental health professionals. It is going to grow because people are excited – because their practice is restoring meaning, presence and a deep emotional connection to their work with youth. It is going to grow because people like you share it with others who you think would resonate with it.
If you do feel drawn to share our work with others, here are some helpful suggestions:
- You can share our work in anyway that you see fit (different people require different explanations). Sharing your personal experience with us is always helpful, as is linking to www.mindfulschools.org.
- As an aid, here’s a new flyer that introduces what we do, and how new people can plug in.
- You can share it on social media and list serves who you think might not know about us.
- You can print out hard copies and put them up at meditation centers, yoga studios, schools, youth mental health agencies, and community centers. If you’d like larger numbers of printed sheets, please email email@example.com with your need and mailing address, and we’ll get them to you.
- Flyer in PDF Format (for emailing and printing)
- Flyer in PNG Format (for sharing on social media)
- Flyer in JPG Format
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Share on LinkedIn
Together, we can add an incredible amount of fuel to this powerful movement. If you have any questions, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you as always for your support. We are so grateful for your help!