Welcome to Day 1 of Mindful Spring!
Spring is the perfect time to renew and re-energize for the rest of the school year! Mindful Schools is hosting Mindful Spring, a free 5-day online practice series from April 22 to April 26 to inspire you to bring mindfulness into your daily life. Each daily practice will be guided by a different member of our community!
Let’s get started:
First, listen to the daily guided practice, above. On this first day, Dave Smith, our Head of Practice at Mindful Schools, offers a practice to start bringing awareness to what’s happening in your body. Find a quiet space, settle in, and hit play above to get started.
Then, try this in your classroom or at home: Try to incorporate the body awareness or the five senses into your lesson plan to allow your students to harmonize their mental and physical well-being.
Is there one sense that stands out to you or your students during this practice? What do you notice? Share your observations with our community of like-minded educators and parents.
Haven’t joined yet?
Sign up, and stay with us for 5 days of practice!
If you haven’t yet already, join Mindful Spring here to receive daily practices – Days 2, 3, 4, and 5 – in your inbox. Print the Mindful Spring Calendar to see what’s in store for the rest of the week.
And finally, you’re invited! Join our online LIVE guided practice on Thursday, April 25th
We’re inviting our community to join Mindful Schools Executive Director, Robert Thomas, and the Mindful Schools Team for an online guided practice on Thursday, April 25 at 4pm PT / 7pm ET. If you’re unable to join us, we’ll post the recording of the guided practice in the Mindful Spring community.
Mindful Spring FAQs
- How do I “join” to get Days 2, 3, 4, and 5 of Mindful Spring? Simply join Mindful Spring here, and tomorrow you’ll automatically start receiving the daily guided practices in your inbox.
- I think I’m already a community member – how do I “join” Mindful Spring? If you are already member of the Mindful Schools community in Mighty Networks, you’re automatically in Mindful Spring. Clicking “Join” simply takes you to the community discussion board–you’re in the right place! Thanks for being here with us.
- May I invite a friend to Mindful Spring? Yes! Mindful spring is a *free* community practice series designed to help educators and parents establish or maintain a regular practice – because we know it can be hard. In the spirit of building a community of encouragement and support, yes – please feel welcome to invite a friend!
- If I miss a day, can I still participate? Yes, you can join in at anytime! When you join, you’ll be able to access the practice of the day. You can also review previous practices if you’d like, but you do not have to go back and you’re not “behind.” We’re simply happy to practice with you, now.
- How do I update my notification settings? Mindful Schools will only send you one email per day with the Mindful Spring daily practice. Please note that we’re hosting Mindful Spring community discussions on a community platform called Mighty Networks. You can set your Mighty Networks notifications here.
- Is Mindful Spring part of a course? Mindful Spring is not a course – it’s simply a free 5-day practice series to inspire you to start or renew your mindfulness practice. If you’re currently taking our Mindfulness Fundamentals or Mindful Educator Essentials courses, you’re very welcome to join, but participating in Mindful Spring is not a required part of your coursework.
About Mindful Schools
Mindful Schools is a nonprofit organization that empowers today’s educators to create healthy, thriving schools. We’ve trained over 50,000 teachers and education professionals from more than 100 countries who are dedicated to revolutionizing today’s learning environments with mindfulness.
Our research-backed training empowers educators–teachers, counselors, principals, parents–with resources, strategies, and support to develop a mindfulness practice. They are able to cultivate key qualities such as self-awareness, emotional resilience, and compassion, and then share the practice and benefits with their students.
|Mindful Schools is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and we rely on the generosity of our community to bring mindfulness to classrooms and schools around the world. With the donations we receive, Mindful Schools can widen access to our programs through awarding scholarships and working in under-resourced schools. If you are inspired by the benefits of this Mindful Spring practice, even a gift of $1 for each day of practice will make a difference.|