Tuition fees cover the programming for the two retreats, the 10-month virtual training program, and the certification process.
- Early Bird Tuition: $5,100 USD––Save $700. Must apply by January 5, 2021 and register by February 15, 2021.
- Standard Tuition: $5,800 USD. Applications after January 5, 2021.
Applications will be accepted until April 15, 2021. Registration must be completed by May 15, 2021.
Note: Tuition fees above do NOT include accommodations or travel for the closing retreat. Room and board with the retreat venue and travel arrangements are purchased separately. * Retreat dates and plans are in development in response to COVID. We will update this page regularly. Please join our Notification List to receive updates.
Equity in Action Scholarship
Mindful Schools is deeply committed to equity and inclusivity, and we believe that representation matters in all elements of our trainings. This year we established an Equity in Action Scholarship Fund to invest in educators who identify as BIPOC and/or LGBTQIA+ and support their participation in our year-long trainings with affinity group experiences and significantly reduced tuition. We anticipate we will receive more requests for EIA scholarships than we can fulfill, so applications are evaluated on a combination of factors including applicants’ financial need, population served, and the impact of their work in the field.
Scholarship Tuition: $2,000 USD. Scholarships will be awarded on a rolling basis. Scholarship recipients must be able to cover the cost of scholarship tuition plus retreat lodging and travel. Scholarship recipients must be able to commit to the entire program to be considered for a scholarship. Standard registration fees and payment plan guidelines apply to all scholarship recipients.
Payments are accepted via credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Discover) or check in U.S. currency only.
To reserve your spot in our Schoolwide Implementation Program, please pay a $500 USD non-refundable deposit via credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Discover). This deposit will be applied toward your tuition. If you opt for the Pay-In-Full payment option, the $500 USD deposit does not apply.
- Pay-In-Full Option: Receive a $300 tuition discount when tuition is paid in full upon registration
- Payment Plan Option: A $500 non-refundable deposit (100% of which will be applied toward your tuition fees) is required to complete this registration. You will then pay your balance in 3 equal installments:
- June 1, 2021: 1st installment due
- October 1, 2021: 2nd installment due
- February 1, 2022: 3rd and final installment due
- Purchase Order Option: If your school or district is paying for your tuition using a purchase order, it is your responsibility to make them aware of the deadlines. Mindful Schools must receive an official Purchase Order by May 1, 2021, and payment must be received by June 1st, 2021. Please note that acquiring a Purchase Order from your district or organization can take up to three months. Please plan ahead. For more information please see our Purchase Order Policies and Procedures.
Late Tuition Payment Policy
If you have elected our payment plan option or purchase order option, you are subject to the following late tuition payment policy:
- A $100 late fee will apply if your payments are not received by the payment due dates listed above
- If payments are not received within 30 days of the due date, your access to the program will be disabled
- If your tuition payments are not up to date, you may not attend retreats
Room & Board Requirements
Attending all days/nights of both the Online Opening and In-Person Closing Retreat is mandatory for the completion of the Schoolwide Implementation Program. Arriving late or leaving early will not meet the requirements for completing your program. For the In-Person Closing Retreat, your room and board fees will be collected directly by the retreat venue. To explore the retreat venue, the lodging and cost options, please reach out to the venue directly.
Retreat dates and plans are in development in response to COVID. We will update this page regularly. Please join our Notification List to receive updates.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
If You Cancel
If you cancel your participation in our program for any reason, the cancellation policy below will apply without exception.
- The $500 deposit is non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- 90 days or more prior to June 15th, 2021: Applicants for the 2022 program will receive a refund for any payments made towards tuition less any non-refundable deposits.
- 31-90 days prior to June 15th, 2021: You will receive Mindful Schools credit for any payments made towards your tuition, less any non-refundable deposits and less a $100 cancellation fee. This credit can only be applied toward the 2022-2023 Mindful Teacher program.* Additional cancellation fees from our retreat venues may apply. Please contact your retreat venue directly for details.
- 30 days prior to June 15th, 2021 or after: You will not receive a refund or credit for any payments made towards your tuition. If you are enrolled in the payment plan, you will be responsible for a $100 cancellation fee. Additional cancellation fees from our retreat venues may apply. Please contact your retreat venue for details.
- Any credits received will be forfeited if the participant does not enroll in the following year’s program.
- Mindful Schools is not responsible for any fees associated with the cancellation of travel, room and board.
* Tuition costs vary from year to year; transferring participants will be responsible for paying the 2022-2023 Mindful Teacher Program tuition rate. Our program is continually evolving to meet the needs of our community, and the content and structure will vary from year to year.
Alternate Routes to Program Completion
Mindful Schools realizes that life events occur that are unforeseeable or beyond our control. If for some reason you are unable to complete your program due to such an event, there may be some alternatives for completing your program, however any changes or exceptions to our policies will be handled on a case-by-case basis and must be approved in writing by our Head of Program. Any changes or exceptions will result in a minimum fee of $500, and depending on the solution, could result in additional fees.
Expulsion From the Program
Mindful Schools takes the personal and professional well-being of our participants and staff very seriously. While we never want to expel anyone from our program, there are instances where expulsion will be a necessary response. There are two categories for which a student may be expelled from our program. The first is for failure to meet course requirements, which includes:
- Failure to make adequate and timely progress in the course
- Failure to complete all course content
- Failure to participate in all elements of the course, including retreats
- Failure to pay tuition in full by the established deadlines
The second category for expulsion is for behavior deemed inappropriate by Mindful Schools and will result in immediate expulsion. These include:
- Verbal abuse or inappropriate language used toward any participant or staff member
- Inappropriate physical contact toward any participant or staff member
- Racism or bigotry of any kind expressed verbally or in writing within our meetings and forums or to or about any participant or staff member
- Sexual harassment of any kind expressed verbally or in writing to or about any participant or staff member
Expulsion from the program will result in a forfeiture of all tuition and room and board expenses. No refunds will be issued.
If Mindful Schools Cancels
It is unlikely that Mindful Schools will cancel the program for any reason besides unforeseeable circumstances (e.g. extreme weather conditions or natural disaster). In the event that we cancel the program for any reason, we will refund tuition payments you have paid. We cannot, however, reimburse you for any other costs (e.g. airfare, travel costs, travel insurance, room and board, etc.) you have incurred.
Photo and Video Release
Participation in this program gives Mindful Schools permission to use and/or take photographs or videos of all registered participants for the purposes of growing awareness around mindfulness in education. Videos and/or photos may be used by Mindful Schools for promotional and training materials and other media which may be electronically displayed via the internet, an educational setting, or other public facing outlets. Registered participants certify that they are at least 18 years old and release and discharge Mindful Schools and its employees and agents from any and all claims, causes of action, liabilities and damages based upon or arising out of any use of their name, voice, image, likeness, or appearance in accordance with this release, including without limitation, any and all claims that they have or may have for defamation, invasion of privacy or violation of the right of publicity or notoriety.
If accepted to the program, registration constitutes agreement to this policy.
Mindful Schools is always working to improve our Programs. As the Programs evolve we may occasionally update these Terms and Conditions.