Build a Culture of Mindfulness: Leadership Intensive
1-WEEK INTENSIVE TRAINING
About the Leadership Intensive
Build a Culture of Mindfulness: Leadership Intensive is a program designed for schools and districts partnering with Mindful Schools to support school-wide and district-wide implementation.
In this three-day training, your team will develop a clear action plan to integrate mindfulness into your school or district for the upcoming academic year.
In this training, you will:
- Develop your own personal mindfulness practice to support you as a mindful leader
- Develop and refine your vision for how mindfulness can support your school
- Create a concrete action plan to integrate mindfulness into school culture and systems
- Cultivate skills to bring your wider school staff into this work
- Connect with school leaders from across the country and share learnings
- Deepen your understanding of the Mindful Schools approach to building a schoolwide culture of well-being through mindfulness
Who Is This Designed For?
- This program is designed for leaders and key staff serving as focal points on their school mindfulness initiative. This may include principals, assistant principals, teacher leaders, social workers and counselors, SEL leads, and more.
- We ask schools to send at least 2 team members to engage in this visioning and planning work together.
- There are no prerequisite courses for attending, though when possible, we encourage staff to take our 101: Mindfulness Foundations course first to provide a foundational understanding.
Summer 2024: Training Schedule
Welcome + Program Information
Welcome Email––in preparation for the training, participants will receive an email with faculty introductions and zoom instructions
3-Day Facilitated Training
* 9am-12:30pm PT | 12pm-3:30pm ET on zoom
* Team attendance is expected all 3 days
Saturday Mindfulness Retreat
* 8am-11am PT | 11am-2pm ET on zoom
* Retreat is included with your registration
Cost per school team: $3,500
Contact our team to learn more:
Explore More Programs
Leadership Intensive: FAQs
Q. Who is eligible to attend the Leadership Intensive?
The Leadership Intensive is designed for leaders and key staff serving as focal points on their school mindfulness initiative. The training will include principals, assistant principals, teacher leaders, social workers and counselors, SEL leads, and more. While there is no prerequisite to attend we encourage participants to take our 101: Mindfulness Foundations course if possible.
Q. Can I attend for just 1 day of the Leadership Intensive?
The Leadership Intensive is designed as an integrative 3-day experience, where each day builds on the previous. We ask that participants attend all 3 days to get the most out of this experience.
Q. Only 1 member from my team can attend––can they still participate even though we can’t send a team of 2 or more?
We ask schools to send at least 2 team members because the intensive will involve team members from each school collaborating in visioning and planning for their mindfulness program.
Q. Is attendance at the retreat mandatory? What does the retreat entail?
The retreat is not mandatory, though it is a highly encouraged component of the Leadership intensive. Developing a personal mindfulness practice is foundational to being a mindful leader. The retreat offers a powerful experience in developing and deepening personal mindfulness practice.
For more about the retreat, click here.
Q. Is there a certificate of completion? Are graduate credits available?
We do not offer a certificate of completion or graduate credits for this offering. Graduate credits are available for our 101: Mindfulness Foundations and our 201: Mindfulness in the Classroom courses, as well as our 201 Live Intensive offered in the summer.
Q. What does the “Community Check-in” entail?
The Community Check-ins will provide an opportunity for participants in the Leadership Intensive to come back together during the school year and check in on their school’s implementation. It will offer a time to reflect on your school’s progress, as well as receive support with challenges. It will offer a time to reconnect as a community of educators and leaders from across the country and celebrate success, while supporting one another in continued growth. We will hold the first check-in session in October and the second in February.
Q. Can our team tag-team attendance?
The Leadership Intensive is designed as a collaborative 3-day experience with teams, where each day builds on the previous. Each day will involve collaborating and developing your vision for your school’s mindfulness program. Thus, we ask that all team members attend all three days.
- Payment via Credit Card, Check, or signed Purchase Order (PO) is required by July 1 to formally secure program dates and register participants.
Missed attendance for individual participants and unused services are not refundable or transferable.