Course Structure and Time Commitment
The course generally requires 2-4 hours per week. You do not need to be on your computer at a specific time for this course. New material is made available each week. You have the whole week to complete that material at times that are convenient for you. Learn More about learning online at Mindful Schools.
Weekly activities include:
- Videos/Readings: Weekly lessons from your Trainer
- Insights from your Guiding Teacher
- Mindfulness Practice: Guided videos that range between 10 and 30 minutes
- Exercises: Paired partner practices from 20-30 minutes
- Writing: Reflection questions based on each week’s practice
After the course ends, you’ll receive ongoing access to the most up-to-date version of the course materials.
This course is facilitated by a Guiding Teacher who directs the learning process by answering questions, providing feedback, and synthesizing emerging themes. All of our Guiding Teachers have more than 15 years of dedicated mindfulness practice and broad teaching experience. Your Guiding Teacher is available to answer questions throughout the course.
Daniel Yoel Cohen
In taking Mindful Communication, we ask that participants commit to an on-going, daily mindfulness practice. In addition, we strongly recommend that participants complete one of the following trainings:
- Mindfulness Fundamentals (preferred)
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (in person or online)
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (in person or online)
- Another (6-week or longer) online or in-person secular mindfulness course from an acknowledged provider (e.g. UCLA Mindful Awareness Research Center, UC San Diego Center for Mindfulness, etc.)
Though this is not required, it is strongly recommended. Even if you have a long practice history, Mindfulness Fundamentals or another secular mindfulness course is highly recommended as part of your overall training program. It will ensure that you are “synced up” with the terms, language and methods used in our trainings and in other secular mindfulness trainings.
Financial assistance is available for all of our courses. You can learn more about financial assistance here.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Please contact our outside provider, ‘Courses 4 Teachers‘ who partners with the University of Pacific to provide up to 3 CEUs for this course. For questions, to get more information, or apply for credit, please visit our provider’s website.
What do course graduates say about the course?
- 98% recommend the course.
- 95% see improved ability to hear the genuine concerns of others beneath their words.
- 90% see improved empathy and compassion for others.
“This course was one of those courses where each week the content was relevant to my life and I could use the material right away.”
[cite author=”Catherine Thomas” align=”right” title=”Social Worker” location=”Dartmouth, MA”]