About Mindful Schools Workshops
Expand your toolkit for practicing, teaching, and implementing mindfulness in your school. Mindful Schools workshops take a deeper dive into the most important topics in mindfulness in education. Join these experiential and inspirational sessions, and learn tools and strategies to immediately integrate into your work with youth.
Our experienced Mindful Schools faculty guide these 90-minute live events. All of our professional development trainings are designed by educators, for educators, with educators.
Educator Voices from Mindful Schools Workshops
Mindful Schools 2023-2024 Workshops:
Wed, Aug 9, 2023
How to Build Trauma-Sensitive Classrooms
Wed, Sep 20, 2023
Mindfulness and SEL Strategies
Wed, Oct 11, 2023
Reimagine Self-Care in the Classroom
Wed, Feb 28, 2024
Communicate for a Change
Wed, Apr 24, 2024
How to Build Healing-Centered Schools
February 28, 2024
Registration Deadline: February 27 at 11:59PM PT
This workshop is offered on a sliding scale basis.
Workshop: Communicate for a Change
Wednesday, February 28, 2024
1PM–2:30PM PT | 4PM–5:30PM ET
Disrupt communication habits that leave educators and students feeling drained and disconnected. In this workshop, you’ll learn how to shift this dynamic through listening and speaking in ways that build more authentic connection, lead to greater understanding, and express your needs as a teacher.
In this workshop, participants will:
- Explore strategies to establish and maintain boundaries and classroom expectations to support healthy engagement and more fulfilling relationships
- Identify the stressors of teaching, understand how they impact relationships in the classroom, and learn strategies to disrupt this dynamic
- Learn tools to improve student relationships through listening, making requests, and getting to clarity
Mindful Schools 90-minute live virtual workshops take a deeper dive into the most important topics in mindfulness in education. Join us in these experiential and inspirational sessions, and learn tools and strategies to immediately integrate into your work with youth.
All registrants receive a recording one week after the workshop. The recording expires 90 days after the workshop.
Respected Credentials: Earn a Certificate of Attendance from a recognized training organization. Mindful Schools provides a certificate for attendees who meet the criteria, see FAQs.
Registration Deadline: February 27 at 11:59PM PT
This program is offered with sliding scale options in an effort to create access for as many educators as possible. We depend on you to select the option that most closely represents your financial capacity. Our intention is to uphold this sliding scaled option for as long as it is sustainable. We thank you for your thoughtful selection. $125 suggested tuition for families making over $75,000 a year.
Meet the Mindful Schools faculty guiding this workshop:
Why Workshops for Educators?
In our 101 and 201 courses, educators learn that mindfulness practice and facilitation skills are not something that we “achieve” and then check off as complete. We are in an ongoing process of learning and investigation into ourselves, our experience, and the experience of the students we work with. Workshops provide ongoing opportunities to build competencies in the Mindful Schools Domains of Mindful Teaching framework (see pg 4), supporting educators to create mindful learning environments that nurture curiosity and compassion.
Mindful Schools courses and training programs are designed by educators, for educators, with educators.
Workshops are developed and guided by the Mindful Schools faculty. Our team of classroom teachers, administrators, and implementation specialists draws from lived experiences and expertise in classrooms, schools, districts, and a wide variety of educational settings. You can learn more about our Program Facilitators on our “Meet Our Team” page.
Educator voices from workshops:
How do I join the live event? When you register, you will receive an email with call-in instructions to join the zoom room as well as a 1-hour reminder on the day of the event.
What if I can’t make the live event? If you’re unable to attend the live event, you may still register to access the event recording. The recording will be sent one week after the event. The recording expires 90 days after the event.
Who is this workshop for? Do I need a certain level of mindfulness experience to participate? Our workshops are appropriate for all levels of experience. Mindful Schools programs are designed for educators, counselors, parents, and a wide range of school community members who are excited to share mindfulness with young people. While there is no prerequisite for registration, we encourage workshop participants to take our 101: Mindfulness Foundations course so you may participate with a shared understanding of the Mindful Schools framework of secular mindfulness.
Cancellations: In order to receive a full refund, cancellations must be made at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled event. Refunds will not be granted after this time. If you need to cancel and request a refund, please contact email@example.com.
Certificate of Attendance:
To be eligible for a Certificate of Attendance, participants are required to:
- Register and pay for the workshop by the registration deadline (published on the event page)
- Attend in full. Attendance will be verified if you complete the following:
- Join the workshop, by web browser or Zoom App (not dialing in by phone) within the first 10-minutes of the start of the workshop.
- Join the workshop using the same email as used to register.
- Stay logged-in, and engaged, for the duration of the workshop.
- Complete the event survey within 1 week of receiving the link to access the survey. The survey link will be emailed on the day of the event.
Certificates of Attendance will be emailed to those who complete the attendance requirements and submit the survey within the stated time frame. Certificates will be emailed 2 weeks after the event.
- Certificates are available only for those who complete the attendance and survey requirements, without exception.
- It is the responsibility of the participant to ensure adequate internet reliability and bandwidth.
- Incomplete attendance nullifies eligibility for the certificate. Attendance is considered incomplete if the participant joins more than 10 minutes after the start time, has gaps in attendance, or leaves early. We are unable to give partial credit for incomplete attendance.
- There is a $20 fee to reissue certificates, and certificates are available only if the attendance and survey requirements were met.