Start Building Your School-Wide Mindfulness Program
School Implementation Clinic
About This Training
Mindful Schools’ innovative new offering was developed in response to a high volume of requests from our community. We discovered that many educators who complete Mindfulness Fundamentals and Mindful Educator Essentials experience success in the classroom, and as a result, are inspired to create a mindfulness program for their entire school. This clinic is designed to support that work by providing educators with best practices and expertise from Mindful Schools’ experience implementing mindfulness in a variety of educational settings, via on-demand instructional videos, live coaching calls, and toolkits with valuable, time-saving resources.
We look forward to creating more healthy, thriving, mindful schools with you!
The School Implementation Clinic provides training through online and LIVE resources:
- 6 Hours of Online, On-Demand Training. Gain access to six hours of training and instructional videos, resources, and toolkits. Access these resources at your own pace.
- 6 LIVE Coaching Calls. Join a monthly Coaching Call with a Mindful Schools coach and like-minded educators. Ask specific questions about building your program, and get feedback from your coach and peers.
Watch engaging, high-quality training videos at your own pace
Speak to our School-Wide Mindfulness Coach and like-minded educators in our LIVE monthly calls
Educators are eligible for Graduate Level Credits
On-Demand Training Available Mid-December
LIVE Coaching Calls Start in January 2020
Through this experience, educators will:
- Create a research-based mindfulness program that will help decrease teacher stress and burn-out, increase social/emotional and academic outcomes, and cultivate a safe, supportive and healthy learning culture for your school
- Gain insight into how to plan and implement a school-wide mindfulness program at your school
- Access a toolkit with templates, forms, and tangible resources to use immediately to support your school-wide program
- Have your questions answered by our experienced mindfulness coach via monthly clinic calls
- Receive support from a community of mindful educators who are also working on school-wide implementation within monthly clinic calls
Upon completing this training, educators can receive graduate level credits. Details.
Who Is This For?
This clinic is for educators who are passionate about implementing a mindfulness program across all aspects of their school community. Perhaps you need help proposing a mindfulness program to your school principal, or require support in developing a professional development session for your school’s staff. This clinic will provide the necessary tools, community and expertise to help you get there.
This clinic is designed for educators who have an established mindfulness practice and experience implementing mindfulness practices to students, but need support in working with adults and/or advocating for a mindfulness program at their school. As such, we require that participants take Mindfulness Fundamentals and Mindful Educator Essentials prior to participating in this clinic.
The School Implementation Clinic is designed by Mindful Schools and based on our work implementing mindfulness programs at five San Francisco Bay Area Schools, in addition to the collective wisdom and expertise of our diverse contributing faculty. The course is taught by Kory O’Rourke, a career classroom educator and Mindful Schools Certified Mindfulness Instructor, and overseen by Megan Sweet, Mindful Schools’ Director of Training. This team has more than 50 years of combined of mindfulness practice and K-12 teaching experience.
More questions? Please visit our FAQ page.