Start Building Your School-Wide Mindfulness Program
School Implementation Clinic
About This Clinic
- Create a school-wide, research-based mindfulness program that will help decrease teacher stress and burn-out, increase social/emotional and academic outcomes, and cultivate a safe, supportive and healthy learning environment
- Learn at your own pace through 6 hours of online, on-demand training. Includes instructional videos, resources, templates and toolkits. View a Detailed Syllabus
- Learn from experienced educators and peers through 6 LIVE Coaching Calls. Join a monthly Coaching Call to ask specific questions about building your program, and get feedback from your Mindful Schools coach and peers
Who Is This For?
- Educators who are passionate about increasing focus, emotional resilience, and social/emotional skills throughout their school’s culture and daily operations.
- Educators who need support in proposing a mindfulness program to their principal, or in developing a professional development session for school staff.
Watch engaging, high-quality training videos at your own pace
Speak to our School-Wide Mindfulness Coach and like-minded educators in our LIVE monthly calls
Educators are eligible for Graduate Level Credits
LIVE Coaching Calls Start on January 16th, 2020
Participants of the School Implementation Clinic are invited to join six monthly LIVE Coaching Calls, which are held on the third Thursday of the month, 4:00pm PST, starting January 2020. Dates are:
- January 16th, 4:00pm PST
- February 20th, 4:00pm PST
- March 19th, 4:00pm PST
- April 16, 4:00pm PST
- May 21, 4:00pm PST
- June 18, 4:00pm PST
Upon completing this training, educators can receive graduate level credits. Details.
This clinic is designed for educators who have an established mindfulness practice and experience implementing mindfulness practices to students, but need support in working with adults and/or advocating for a mindfulness program at their school. As such, we require that participants take Mindfulness Fundamentals and Mindful Educator Essentials prior to participating in this clinic.
The School Implementation Clinic is designed by Mindful Schools and based on our work implementing mindfulness programs at five San Francisco Bay Area Schools, in addition to the collective wisdom and expertise of our diverse contributing faculty. The course is taught by Kory O’Rourke, a career classroom educator and Mindful Schools Certified Mindfulness Instructor, and overseen by Megan Sweet, Mindful Schools’ Director of Training. This team has more than 50 years of combined of mindfulness practice and K-12 teaching experience.
More questions? Please visit our FAQ page.