About the Course
Mindfulness means maintaining a moment-by-moment awareness of our thoughts, emotions, bodily sensations, and surrounding environment. It has many well-documented impacts, including a reduction in toxic stress and improvement in job satisfaction, emotional regulation, focus and executive functioning.
The central objective of this course is to introduce you to mindfulness meditation and help you cultivate a personal mindfulness practice. If you are interested in integrating mindfulness with youth, this course is a prerequisite for our other courses. Both beginners and those with significant experience find this course extremely worthwhile. We look forward to supporting your mindfulness practice!
$125 | Next Class: Nov 6 - Dec 17
This six-week online course, facilitated by an expert guiding teacher, will teach you:
- The basics of mindfulness meditation
- How to work with thinking that arises while practicing mindfulness
- Techniques for meeting and navigating intense emotions
- Practices that cultivate positive states of mind like gratitude and kindness
- The role mindfulness plays in communication and interaction
- Support for developing a daily sitting practice
This course is facilitated by a Guiding Teacher who directs the learning process by synthesizing emerging themes, answering questions, and providing ongoing participant feedback. All of our Guiding Teachers have over a decade of mindfulness practice and broad teaching experience. Your Guiding Teacher is available to answer questions throughout the course.
Meet the Guiding Teachers: